Sunday, February 15, 2015

Missouri Chili Recipe Revealed!

Mike's Secret Chili Recipe Revealed

For the first time ever, I am going to disclose my recipe for my chili that has remained a deep, dark secret for decades. The batch I am about to enumerate upon will easily feed 10 people. I usually freeze some, and keep a portion in the fridge for lunch the next two weeks.  

I was going to let this recipe die with my demise, but with a sudden burst of sentiment, I have decided to reveal this culinary blend so that gastric distress can prevail.

This MUST be prepared only when a severe cold snap is in progress.

Brown 2 lbs. of ground beef, set aside.
Brown 2 lbs. of top sirloin cut into 1/2 inch cubes, set aside
Sauté 2 1/2 cups of yellow onions.
Mix all meat and onions in a dutch oven. Add 2 packs of Williams Chili seasoning, 2 cans of whole tomatoes (quartered), 1 quart of V-8, 1 small can of tomato paste, 1 can of tomato sauce, 2 cans of kidney beans (drained), 2 cans of red beans (drained), a can of regular Coke (the secret to this recipe), and 2 tsp. powdered cumin.

Simmer 2-4 hours on medium.





1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite meal! Better than ribs, Conn. I have scattered notes you gave me somewhere on the making of it. I thought you were wishy-washy because you normally just wing it. I didn't realize you were trying to hold out on me. I am glad you have allowed gastric distress to live on!

    ReplyDelete